Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GodOfPower

What forum software do you use?

4 posts in this topic

Well in question, what forum software do you use? There are abundant of forum softwares out and about, both free and paid, some good, some bad, some horrible. I find forumotion to be extremely bad - I hate it with a passion, some love it, some hate it, im the haters :P. It's just too "slow" for me so to speak.

So anyway what forum software do you use? Will be interesting to see if anyone uses VB, I think VB is the best ;).

I don't run a forum anymore. But when I did, I mostly used Phpbb. I have used Conforums and Suddenlaunch before and I was happy with the results.

I have always used free hosts, as I don't have the budget to constantly pay for a site.

Have used PhpBB. That was many years ago. When they started the new 3.x version I stopped using it. Didn't like it anymore. Then went crazy buying VB and IPB licenses, believing people who said that you cannot run a serious forum unless you pay a 'junk'load of money on the script. Spammers started attacking my forums and I was hardly keeping them at bay. Installed anti-spam plugins, but useless.

Had a short stint with SMF, the worst mistake I've ever made and ported it to MyBB. This is my favourite script now, I have a forum that runs on MyBB for 3 years now, with a unique design and no problems.

Started with phpbb, moved to IPB after phpbb failed during an upgrade. Got tired of looking for software that needed a plugin for anything you do.

This forum is using mybb, and I must say, I like it alot. Simple to use and quite fast... perhaps faster than my main forum running IPB.